Guidance Counselors for 2018-20189
Grades 8-9 Secretaries: Ms. Val Keener and Mrs. Christina Pugh
(440) 352-3341, x1902
Valerie.Keener @riversideschools.net or Christina.Pugh@riversideschools.net
JRW Fax # (Grades 8-9) (440) 352-1278
College & Career Readiness Coordinator: Mr. Chris Basich
(440) 352-3341, x7223 (voice mail only)
Do you want practice before taking the SAT test? Then you need the PSAT! The PSAT offers valuable practice and also a personalized score report for improvement. This is also the test that Juniors can take to qualify for the National Merit Scholarships. The test will be given on Wednesday, October 10th in the morning. Any sophomore or junior interested in signing up to take the PSAT test should bring in $18 cash or check, payable to RHS, to the Riverside Guidance office by the deadline of October 5th. See your counselor with questions.
LEAF will hold a free FAFSA demonstration for high school students and their parents on Thursday, October 11th 2018 at 6:30 p.m. at the LEAF Resource Center, on the Lakeland Community College campus in Room A-2101. The session will demonstrate how to file the FAFSA electronically at home.All Sessions are free. Reservations are required, capacity is limited. Please register online at leaf-ohio.org or call LEAF at 440.525.7095, to reserve a seat.
CLASS OF 2018 TRANSCRIPTS
Transcripts for the Class of 2018 are to be sent electronically via Parchment. Students must create an account in Parchment and indicate the college/university that they plan to attend. This information was given to the students several times throughout the year. Please click on the following link for instructions. PARCHMENT INSTRUCTIONS
FORMER STUDENTS, DO YOU NEED A TRANSCRIPT?
Email your request to: email@example.com
1. first name/last name (name graduated under)
2. married name (if applicable)
3. date of graduation or withdrawal
4. address to which the transcript will be sent (only unofficial transcripts will be sent to home address)
SUMMER SCHOOL INFORMATION
Letters will be mailed home to students eligible for credit recovery. Credits can be earned through K'Nextions Learning Academy (KLA) for summer school. For information, please click on the following link: KLA 2018 INFORMATION.
SCHOLARSHIPS Click "Scholarships" for this year's local scholarship information for RHS Seniors.
Please request your final transcripts through Parchment. For information, please click on the following link: Parchment Handout.pdf
GRADE CALCULATOR - Use this link to enter your term and exam grades to determine your semester grade.
SUMMER PROGRAM INFORMATION
Click on the following links to review Summer Program opportunities:
The Summer Institute
- Registration is now open through April 30th for our inaugural Sport Management Summer Institute, which will take place June 17th through June 23rd on the Cleveland State University campus. The Summer Institute will provide an opportunity for High School students to engage with local leaders in the Sport & Entertainment industry, including leadership teams from the Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Indians, the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Teamwork Online, Cleveland State Department of Athletics, and Live Nation.
FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
Grants Guide for High School Students