Welcome to the Riverside Local Schools Class of 2031! We look forward to guiding your child through their years of schooling beginning with kindergarten. Kindergarten registration for 2018-2019 will take place at the Board Office at Riverside Campus between Monday, May 7 and Friday, May 11 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. You can get registration information and forms here
. In addition, the District will host parent meetings at each building prior to kindergarten registration. AGE REQUIREMENT
*To be eligible for kindergarten, children must be 5 years of age on or before September 30, 2018SCREENINGS
*The district nurse will conduct vision and hearing screening on site at the time of registration if the child is present
*Those students who are not screened during registration will be screened during the first month of school by the building health aide/nurse
*Speech/language screenings will be done by the speech therapist in the elementary building during the first month of schoolFULL-DAY KINDERGARTEN OPTION
* Full-Day Kindergarten is offered at Melridge Elementary on a first come basis.
* Annual tuition is $3,000.
* $200 deposit along with all registration paperwork is required at registration to hold a spot in the class; no early registrations will be accepted.
* The hours of Full-Day Kindergarten are 9:10 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
* Parents must provide transportation to the full-day program. The only exception is for students whose home elementary building is Melridge and the student is eligible for transportation. If your home elementary is Melridge and you do not know if you are eligible for transportation, please contact our transportation department at 440.357.5571.
* FULL DAY KINDERGARTEN OVERVIEWREGISTRATION DOCUMENTS
All registration documents can be found here.
The following documents are required at the time of registration:
1. Picture Identification (verifying that you are the parent/legal guardian)
2. Original Birth Certificate
3. Immunization Records
4. Residency Documentation
a. Utility bill if you own a home
b. Lease & utility bill if you rent
c. Please refer to our district website at www.riversidelocalschools.com for a complete list of residency requirements.
5. Custody Papers (if applicable)Please note: If you live outside of the District and are applying for Open Enrollment for Kindergarten, you must wait for your application to be accepted before registering your child
. If you have any questions, please contact Crystal Phillips at 440-358-8204 or email@example.com
The District will host parent meetings at each elementary school in the District prior to kindergarten registration to give parents a feel about the kindergarten program & curriculum and to give parents ideas on how they can help their child's kindergarten 'readiness.'
Monday, April 23 at 6 p.m. - Hadden Elementary
Tuesday, April 24 at 6 p.m. - Madison Avenue Elementary
Wednesday, April 25 at 6 p.m. - Hale Road Elementary
Monday, April 30 at 6 p.m. - Melridge Elementary
Tuesday, May 1 at 6 p.m. - Buckeye Elementary
Wednsday, May 2 at 6 p.m. - Leroy Elementary
Tuesday, May 15 at 6 p.m. - Riverside High School Conference Room (general meeting offered to any parents that missed the other meetings)
WELCOME TO RIVERSIDE LOCAL SCHOOLS!