Administrator for Grades 7-12: Dr. Chris Basich - email@example.com
The Riverside Local School District is committed to providing a robust, engaging online experience for students. The Riverside Remote Learning Academy (RLA) will embody the high standards set forth in traditional Riverside classrooms, while allowing students some flexibility in their learning environment. Your remote learning day will mirror a regular school day with classes offered at a set time.
Because this is a new experience for everyone, I have a few helpful tips:
1. Communicate with your teachers - if you need help with something, ask. Teachers will be understanding, but you will need to let them know if you are having an issue with assignments, attendance, technology, etc. Many questions or concerns can be handled through email communication but you may need to schedule time to meet with your teacher virtually.
2. Communicate with your counselors - This will be a big change for some of you. If you need some assistance, your counselors are always available to help.
Here are the grade level assignments for counselors grades 7-12.
12th - Mr. Bailis - firstname.lastname@example.org
11th - Mrs. Kosinski - email@example.com
10th - Ms. Winer - firstname.lastname@example.org
9th - Mrs. Pennock - email@example.com
8th - Mrs. Clark - firstname.lastname@example.org
7th - Mrs. Francis - email@example.com
3. Having tech issues? - reach out to our RLSD tech department at:
4. Stay connected - daily attendance is extremely important. Your teachers expect that you attend class on a daily basis. Please be on time to class each day, ready to learn. If you have an extenuating circumstance where you will need to miss class, please communicate this as soon as possible with your teacher.
5. Feeling ill? - if you are ill, please have your parent / guardian call the attendance office just like they would if you were physically at school. Failure to do so will result in an unexcused absence.
6. Know your schedule - you will be on a Black / Gold block schedule. 7-12 courses will meet from 9am-2:00pm with a lunch break in the middle of the day. The Blocks and times in Infinite Campus may look different but understand that the first class for the day starts at 9am (unless you are a high school student scheduled for a course during Block 1 which can be found below). Once you arrive to your first class, teachers will be able to assist you with questions about your schedule. Study hall times are open times where you can get extra help from your teachers. Your teachers will explain how to reach them during these study hall times.
Here is the Block Schedule for 7th Grade Students
Please note that the times listed in Infinite Campus do not align with the actual times of the classes. This is a glitch with having both remote learners and in-person students within one system.
Blocks 1A 1B = 9:00 am to 10:20 am
Blocks 2A 2B = 10:35 am to 11:55 am
Lunch: 11:55am to 12:40pm
Blocks 3A 3B = 12:45 pm to 2:00 pm
Study Hall: 2pm to 2:30pm
Here is the Block Schedule for 8-12th Grade Students
Please note that all schedules will show “Remote Learning” for Block 1. However, a few courses will be taught during this Block 1 time (7:20 - 8:50), such as AP Language, AP Literature, AP Statistics, AP US History, AP Government, AP Calculus, AP Biology, AP Psychology, English 4 Seminar, and Art 2.
Courses such as Health, Discrete Math, and Physical Universe are online only, therefore, students will not be Zooming with a teacher. The teachers from those courses will be contacting students with more information. The remaining Remote Learning courses will begin during Block 2 (9:00) on the student’s schedule. If a student has a block that does not have a class scheduled, that is considered their “study hall” time.
Block 2: 9 a.m. - 10:20 a.m.
Block 3: 10:35 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.
Lunch: 11:55 a.m. - 12:40 p.m.
Block 4: 12:45 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Study Hall: 2 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Please see the yearly Black / Gold Schedule link below:
8-12 Grade Black and Gold Schedule
7th Grade Black and Gold Schedule (LaMuth)
Please take a moment to read through the student expectations in the RLA guide below. I have also attached the RLSD Reopening Guide which has a section devoted to the Remote Learning Academy.
Remote Learning Academy Guide
RLSD Reopening Guide with Frequently Asked Questions
Please be sure to check your email and Google Classroom on a daily basis for updates from teachers. You should have already received an email from your teachers with first day Zoom / Google Meet links and Google Classroom codes. If you have any questions about the above information, please let me know or reach out to the appropriate teacher or counselor.
I hope you have a great year!
Dr. Chris Basich