Due to the increased spread of COVID-19, as well as the amount of staff required to quarantine by the Lake County General Health District, all students (grades Pre-K-12) will transition to remote learning until at least the end of Winter Break.
Near the end of Winter Break, in collaboration with the Lake County General Health District, we will reassess the situation to determine a return date, which will be based upon the level and severity of COVID-19 spread, as well as the District’s ability to maintain adequate staffing.
In addition, all in-person athletics and club activities will remain paused until further notice. Coaches and advisors will continue to communicate to students virtually and provide updates as information becomes available.
As you may be aware, Lake County reached the Risk Level 4 Watch List on Ohio’s COVID-19 Public Health Advisory System last week. As a result, the Lake County General Health District has “strongly encouraged schools to implement a transition plan where all students and teachers engage in virtual-only classes, activities and events.”
ELEMENTARY STUDENTS (In-Person Learners)
- Tuesday, November 24 will be the final day of in-person learning for grades Pre-K-5.
- There will be NO SCHOOL for Elementary in-person learners on Monday, November 30 due to a teacher workday to prepare for the remote learning transition. Therefore, elementary students will begin their remote instruction on Tuesday, December 1 through at least the end of Winter Break.
LAMUTH MIDDLE SCHOOL & RIVERSIDE CAMPUS (In-Person Learners)
- Since Middle School and High School in-person learners already transitioned to remote learning on November 16, there will be no changes to their daily schedule. Remote Learning will continue as is.
REMOTE LEARNING ACADEMY
- There will be no changes to their daily schedule. Remote Learning will continue as is.
Remote learning expectations for K-5 students are below (preschool families will receive a separate email):
- Students will follow their established in-person schedule.
- Attendance is mandatory and will be taken every day.
- There is no need for elementary students to log-in during lunch and/or recess time.
- Grading will continue in a traditional manner.
- Parents and students should use Infinite Campus to monitor progress.
- Zoom links for class meetings will be found in your child’s teacher’s Google Classroom.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your building administrator. Contact information for teachers and staff can be found on our website.
We know that this is a challenging time for all and we are grateful for everyone’s patience and understanding as we continue to navigate through this unprecedented health crisis.UPDATE IN SPANISH