I Can Statements for Ohio’s English Language Proficiency Standards
1. I can construct meaning from oral presentations and literary and informational texts when listening, reading, and viewing.
2. I can speak or write to share information, ideas and analyses, responding to peer, audience, or reader comments and questions.
3. I can speak or write about complex literary and informational texts and topics.
4. I can speak or write about my opinion, with supportive reasoning and evidence.
5. I can research, evaluate and speak or write about findings to answer questions or solve problems.
6. I can listen or read to analyze and critique the arguments of others, in speaking and writing.
7. I can adapt language choices to purpose, task, and audience when speaking or writing.
8. I can determine the meaning of words and phrases when I listen to oral presentations, or read literary and informational text.
9. I can speak or write clearly and coherently.
10. I can make accurate use of standard English to communicate, in speaking and writing.
Click on the following links for the full documents: