Dear Students and Parents/Guardians,
Welcome to the 7th grade!! I am delighted to have you in my class this year. As your seventh grade honors math teacher, it is my goal to provide you with the best educational environment possible for the purpose of allowing success to be a priority for all! In order to assure the educational climate you deserve, the following rules will be in effect at all times:
1) Be on time – seated and ready to work when the bell rings.
2) Be prepared – bring all materials to class (e.g. math binder, calculator, homework, pencils, etc.).
3) Listen courteously to others – raise your hand and wait for permission to speak.
4) Follow directions the first time they are given.
5) Sit in your assigned seat and stay in your seat unless you have permission to do otherwise.
6) Respect others and the property of others.
7) Keep hands, feet, and other personal objects to yourself.
8) All rules outlined in the student handbook will be followed and enforced.
Students please remember, behavior is a choice, thus you are also choosing your positive or negative consequences as well!
If a student is severely disruptive or poses a safety or security threat to the teacher, students, or classroom, he or she will be sent to the office immediately!
1) Enter room quietly with all necessary materials for class
2) Be seated in your assigned seat before the bell rings
3) Take out homework – make sure you have your first name, last name, date, period number, and assignment description on ALL papers
4) Sit quietly
5) Listen to announcements/attendance taken
6) Class begins
Grades:Grades will be based on a variety of assessments such as tests, quizzes, class work, homework, participation, projects, etc. Each graded assignment/assessment will be designated a specific number of points possible to be earned and the grade will be determined on the total points earned divided by the total points possible.
A = 100% - 90%
B = 89% - 80%
C = 79% - 70%
D = 69% - 60%
F = 59% and below
All homework is due at the beginning of class. Periodically, yet random, homework will be graded. When you are absent, it is your responsibility to find out what you missed on that day, so please see me. For each day that you are absent, you will have the equal number of days to complete missed assignments.
ALL math supplies are due by Monday, August 27, 2018.
As previously mentioned, it is my goal for you to experience success in my classroom. Therefore, you, your parents/guardians, and I must work together as a team. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. I can be reached at (440)354-4394 ext. 7141 or at email@example.com. I look forward to meeting you!
Mrs. Carol Molnar
7th Grade Honors Math Teacher